Friday, May 15, 2009

The End and the Beginning

Today was my last day of teaching. Not ever - just this school year. The last day always goes by in such a blur. You think that you'll have the chance to greet each child for the last time, but time moves quickly and they are out the door without even realizing they won't see you until the fall, or in some cases, ever again.

It wasn't the last day of class for the students, just for me. I am having surgery next Tuesday and will be missing the entire last week of school.

I am scared about this surgery. I have had it before, and I'm having it again, hopefully for the last time. It's not the actual surgery that scares me. My doctor is AMAZING, and I trust him completely. It's the whole idea of having to have a procedure done because there is something wrong with you - THAT is the scary part. Everyone will have SOMETHING wrong with them at some point in their life, although it may not require surgery. It's not a big deal, but it just sucks when you know there are people out there that don't have your problem (mine is a girl one) and will never have to deal with what you are dealing with. (***spoiler alert - this is what my book is about.***)

My faith is being tested to the max right now. I need so much to believe that everything is going to work out in a way that is aligned with God's plan for me. This is hard, seeing as I am a COMPLETE control freak. "God, I know you've got this covered, but if I could just go ahead and manipulate this situation as much as humanly possible, I'd feel a LOT better about it. Thanks."

Nice try, right?

Please pray for Ben and me. We need strength and hope. I feel in my heart that there is a HUGE blessing waiting on the other side of this, and it is going to be so full of love that it is going to knock us down.

HOLLA -

p.s. - my friend Sylvia is a huge part of this faith process for me. Go to her blog - there is a link on my page. It's SYLVIA'S INSIGHT. She makes the most AMAZING jewelry and you NEED to go to her etsy shop IMMEDIATELY and buy something from her. She made me a necklace that says "BELIEVE". I will take a picture of it and post it on here so you can see what it looks like. This woman is so insanely talented, and she just had a baby so she needs your business. :-)

2 comments:

Seester said...

I just went to Sylvia's shop and bought my mother's day present! It is the "triple the love" necklace. I can't wait!

Abby said...

Hey girl! Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you. Please keep us posted on your progress!

Also- I went and looked at Sylvia's jewelry- super cute! I like the look! I bought myself a mothers necklace for my bday that is very similar from http://suzannemyersjewelry.com/. It's their "name charm" necklace. Same idea- I love it! Sylvia is very talented!