Sunday, July 24, 2011

What's Happening...

Here's an update on what's been happening...

We found a daycare! After months and months of searching, praying, phone calls, emails, inquiries, and visits, we have found the perfect fit for Amelia starting in August. She is a super-sweet lady who takes care of the son of some friends of ours, and we just knew as soon as we met her that she was meant to take care of our sweet baby. Praise the Lord! Now I can relax and enjoy the rest of my summer. :-)

Amelia is three months old! Her favorite activities right now are slobbering, making gurgling sounds with her throat, shrieking, smiling at her mommy and daddy, semi-rolling over, kicking the toys on her bouncy seat with her feet, and pretty much being the most adorable baby ever. She is large and in charge...emphasis on the large. :-) No, she does not have a future in horse jockeying or gymnastics, but we can pretty much count on some awesome volleyball/basketball/base cheerleading action at some point. She is a MARTENS girl!

The breast pump has officially been returned. No, that does not mean that I'm done breast feeding. It's just that our contract with the hospital was up on the rental, and when I go back to work she's getting formula during the day, so in the mean time I'm just going to hand pump if I need to. (This could be interesting.) I wasn't completely confident in the decision to return it, but we really don't know how much I'm going to need it in the next few weeks. This is one of those "new parent-learn as you go" things. I'll keep you posted.

I finally got to see the rest of Bridesmaids! Thanks to my friend Anne for helping me realize this dream! (Read this post for the background story.)

I am thinking of starting a side business! I know what you are thinking - "Girl, you are barely surviving motherhood! Are you $*#&ing NUTS?!?!" I know. Please say a prayer for me. :-)

I am turning 31 this week! WOOP WOOP! Actually, the thought of turning 31 is not all that exciting; however, I'm sure my birthday, and this year, are going to be stellar in ways that I cannot even imagine.

And...that's what's been happening.

HOLLA -

1 comment:

Soccer Mom said...

Thanks for the update, Holla. I need to see my Amelia Bedelia....I miss her......she's so sweet!!! Love, Grandma