Wednesday, October 12, 2011

To Fall In Love

What does it mean to fall in love
To be sent an angel from above
The stuff of dreams she was made of...
That's what it means to fall in love.



What does it mean to see a smile
Full of grace and full of style
Think I'll just sit and stare a while...
At that beautiful girl with the dimpled smile.



What does it mean to hear a laugh
through soapy bubbles in the bath
How blessed am I to walk this path...
Along which I hear the sweetest laugh.



What does it mean to hold a hand
Through the pale lamplight upon the stand
And dream of days ahead so grand...
Oh, how my heart melts when I hold her hand.



What does it mean to watch her sleep
As soft, as quiet as a sheep
The safest place for her we'll keep...
As peacefully she drifts to sleep.



What does it mean to have a child
A dream fulfilled, a life so wild
A baby's face so meek and mild...
that's what it means to have a child.



How I love you, God only knows
Straight from your head down to your toes
Each day my heart just grows and grows...
for you, my love... Amelia Rose.

No comments: