If I couldn't have kids, I would be very sad.
To just think of the thought makes me really quite mad.
Hey ovaries! Uterus! Listen to me!
I'm tired of waiting around, don't you see?!?
My fallopian tubes are as clean as a whistle,
Not fat like my arteries clogged up with gristle.
My eggs are quite timely, my follicles round,
Now what is the problem? Why can't it be found?
It's sure not my husband, whose sperm are elite,
I dare anyone else's to try and compete!
They swim with such fervor, they flow like the Nile,
You'd think that their task was to swim fifty miles!
But up through the crevice of my hips they go,
what happens next, I sure as crap do not know.
I'm wondering just how much more I can take -
My heart that is empty is ready to break.
I guess I can always find plenty to do,
Like read books, paint pictures, moonlight at the zoo.
I know there's a plan and I'll patiently wait
For my stork to arrive, be it early or late.
Until then I'll relish the sleep that I get,
and be glad that I don't have to listen to fits.
I don't clean up poo, I don't listen to screams,
I get to leave restaurant booths pretty clean.
We travel for two, come and go as we please,
We don't have to wipe boogers after a sneeze.
I know there's a kid that is waiting for me,
somewhere in the void that I cannot yet see.
No matter what happens, no matter the end,
I will trust in my God, my Creator, my Friend.
HOLLA -
4 comments:
My husband and I tried for quite awhile and were almost out of hope. Finally, 2 baby girls in a row. It's been another long year of trying, and nothing yet, but we are hoping we can be blessed with more.
Hang in there! I wish you all the best in your journey.
Oh. My. Word. You are genius! Sorry that this creation had to come out of such a frustrating time.
With that said. You should totally be a rapper.
Love you.
Thanks, Alisha!! I'm sorry that you had to struggle, but it makes me feel better to know that there are others out there!!! Good luck and keep me posted!
You warm my heart - and break it. We've never met, but know that I pray for you daily. I of course am not walking in your shoes, but I've shared your path. My prayer is for peace from the pain and an arrival of that stork SOONER than later.
Alissa
Post a Comment