Monday, August 30, 2010

Free Hugs

Last week in worship, Our pastor spoke about loving others and loving yourself, and it was a great sermon. I don't remember specifics, but I was definitely invested. Then, he shows this video, which, according to the amount of people who have viewed it, you have probably already seen.

I'm going to post it anyway:



As I watched this, the tears just streamed down my face. My heart just melted around the whole of humanity, and my heart grew 10 times (not that I was so grinch-like before). At the end, to add insult to lovely injury, my pastor stood at the front of the church and held up his OWN sign that said "FREE HUGS". No words, no speech, just a sign. In seconds, throngs of people flooded the pastor. He hugged. They hugged. Others hugged others. I stood up and walked down to the front to get a hug from a total stranger (not the pastor!), and then made my way back to my seat. On the way, I saw a girl about my age sitting by herself, wiping her own tears. So what are two girls full of love to do? We stood and hugged, completely foreign to each other, but connected in a beautiful way.

The point of this long story is...spread the love. You have NO IDEA who might need your hug (or kind word, or smile) the most today. Just in case, don't be stingy. If this video doesn't make you want to run out and hug strangers, then maybe YOU need a hug.

In that case, just give me a call, and I'll be right over. :-)

with a Hug-filled HOLLA -

1 comment:

Soccer Mom said...

Wow.......that's all there is to it....hugs.......I had not seen this blog, nor had I heard about it. Thanks so much for sharing. It brought tears to my eyes, too. Just "Because Nice Matters"!!! Have a wonderful, hug-filled day, Miss.