Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Amelia, meet Santa...

After several weeks of planning and scoping out, we finally got a spot in line to see Santa. I'm not kidding about the planning. Ben had to make a special trip on his lunch break just to get a "pass" so we wouldn't have to wait in line. And other people who showed up without a "pass" couldn't even GET in line. This Santa business is CRAZY, I tell you!

I don't really remember this being a tradition for my family growing up, although I'm sure my brother Andy and I sat on Santa's lap on quite a few occasions to tell him what we wanted. However, for Amelia's first Christmas, we decided it was a MUST.

Seeing as how my husband is addicted to Bass Pro Shop, we chose it as our destination for Amelia's first meet and greet. I just made Ben promise that Santa wasn't going to be dressed in a camo suit toting a gun. He promised.

I can't really describe the feeling of being there and waiting in line. Amelia was in one of her adorable Christmas outfits, and the whole place was decked out in fake snow, trains, and Christmas games and activities. Even the fish in the fish tank had Santa hats on! No they didn't. (Be a lot cooler if they did, though.)

Of course, right before it was our turn, Santa had to take a 15 minute "break". "Really, Santa? You don't GET a break!" ...is what I was thinking. Nice Christmas cheer, huh?

Anyway, when it was finally Millie's turn, it was....MAGIC. I just wanted to freeze time and just hold on to the moment forever. Ben put her on Santa's lap, and I ran over to make funny faces at her so she would smile at the camera. The picture we got ended up being the end of a big smile, but it was a smile nevertheless. I'm not sure what she was doing with her hands, but she was happy. No tears! She even turned around to pet Santa's big white fluffy beard after. Precious.



This Santa was AWESOME. He must be a Santa trainer. If not, he should be. His energy was just so pure and peaceful, and when he spoke to Amelia, you could just feel the joy resonating from him to her. I hope we see him again!

Next year, I'm sure we will be back. And next year, I'm sure I'll wish for time to stand still again, because it's moments like these that I will cherish forEVER.

HOLLA -

No comments: