Wednesday, October 17, 2012

We Are Not Moving.

The other day, something amazing happened.  Something that I have been waiting for for ten years.  Something just up the road, about a mile, came into existence, and changed everything.  And my life will never be the same.

We got a brand new, third generation QuikTrip.


It's so monumental that it's almost worth canceling the sale contract on our house.  Almost.


It's one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.  I have stood in the Hall of Mirrors in the Palace of Versailles, and I have watched the sun set on the shores of Kauai's golden sand, but I have never witnessed such perfection as a brand-new QuikTrip with rows and rows of processed goodness.




 The best part is, there is a counter in the back where you can order ice cream.  ICE CREAM!  I am not talking about Klondike bars or frozen drumsticks.  I am talking about people behind the counter who take your order and put Fro-Yo in a cup FOR YOU!!!!


 And you don't even tell them what you want.  You order on this little touch screen that asks you what size, what kind, and what you want in it.  Then it spits out a little receipt and you take it to the front counter.  I know this is very anti-communicative, but imagine that you are having a really crap day and you roll into QT in your sweatpants.  You don't want to talk to anyone or fake a smile, you just want to get your frigging ice cream and wallow in it.  So you go to the little touch screen and type in your order and get your non-fat vanilla with two scoops of M&M's and no one gets hurt.  Don't you see how BRILLIANT this is!?!?!?!?



I'm sure you can imagine how embarrassed Ben was when I was jumping up and down and taking pictures in the new QT while everyone else was just going about their business and acting normal.  Fortunately, he understands my obsession and was silently celebrating with me.  

So, we may not move after all.  Okay, we are still moving.  But if something falls through, I'll only be disappointed until I remember this little diamond shining at the corner of 40 Highway and Lee's Summit Road.  

Be still, my beating, over-caffeinated heart.

HOLLA - 

1 comment:

Steve Haskamp said...

You crack me up!! You tell a story beautifully and I always enjoy reading your blog. Hopefully your new neighborhood will also have a Quick Trip! All the best to you!