Isn't it fitting that the car we bought the weekend before Valentine's Day is bright red? We thought so, and so did the dealer. (Of course he did.)
Boy, has it been a long car journey. Ben's car pooped out about a month ago, and what we thought was going to be an easy search for a replacement turned out to be a total nightmare. Toss in a death in the family, total annihilation of our immune systems due to sickness, a third-trimester pregnancy, and a teeny-tiny budget, and you've got a big fat headache.
We were so fortunate on Saturday to find this 2007 Pontiac G6. It didn't meet ALL of the checkpoints on our car "wish list", but it was close enough, and we were wiped out. So, there you have it. This sporty little racer came home with us, and as the buyer's anxiety wears off, we are slowly breathing a sigh of relief and enjoying the newest member of our family.
So what did we REALLY do for Valentine's Day, you ask? After Ben working and me running around getting the new car inspected/licensed/taxes paid and getting extra keys made, we decided to keep it low-profile. We are famous, after all. (No. We're not.)
Ben came home with this...
...on his second trip in from the car. To be honest, I was a little nervous. For the past few years, I have gotten a bouquet from Edible Arrangements, and I was hoping this year would not be an exception, especially in my pregnant, all-craving state. So when he came in the door the first time empty-handed, I tried to put on my fake face. But inside I was crying.
Luckily he went back out to the car and brought in that boutiful beauty of exploding chocolate fruit, and I jumped with joy, before attacking him. And the chocolate-covered strawberries. Normally Ben has this gift delivered to school so I can share it with my co-workers. Unfortunately, Valentine's Day fell on a Monday this year, and I don't work on Mondays. Guess this year's bouquet is all for me, dangit.
We ordered take-out from Outback for dinner (delish!) and brought it home, where we sat and talked about how this would be our LAST Valentine's Day with just the two of us. WOW. I guess that conversation was too much for us, because I fell asleep on the couch at 9:00 and Ben curled up in his sleeping bag and new sleeping pad on the floor. (He's going hiking with family soon, so our house is a little campified right now.) Next thing I knew, it was midnight, and Ben was passed out on the floor, snoring away, and I was way too comfortable to get up and make something out of what was left of our excitement-filled evening.
So, that was our day. It was perfectly wonderful, and after way too much stuff going on in the Haskamp house the past few weeks, it was just what we needed.
Hope yours was happy too....
HOLLA!
1 comment:
You want to hear something funny? We have the same layout for our blog....pink stripes. How fitting.
It was so good to hear your voice yesterday, even if it was for just a moment.
Now your blog is on my radar, and I will get to read it as much as my little heart desires!
Love you so much.
Post a Comment