Monday, February 28, 2011

Last Weekend Recap

Okay, this post is not about the weekend we just had...that post is coming. This post is about the weekend before, which I am just now getting around to blogging about!

Ben went on a hiking/camping trip with his brother and one of his sisters, which left me all alone for the weekend. I had plenty to do, but I'm not a big fan of spending multiple nights by myself at home...it freaks me out. We have huge woods in our back yard, and at night, when I'm by myself, those woods (and possibly, my imagination) stir up some pretty scary things. Last time Ben went camping with his sister, the police ended up at my house because I was SURE that there was someone on the other side of my bedroom door trying to get in. Turns out the windows were open and the air blowing through the house was rattling the doors. Embarrassing, yes. Putting our hard-earned tax dollars to work...absolutely.

So this time, I decided to spend some time at my parents'. On Friday night, though, I needed to stay home, so I called my oldest (and one of my best) friends Carrie for a little companionship. After dinner, she came over to hang out with me - whoopee! We didn't know what we were going to do, exactly...I think she even brought a movie over to watch in case we got bored. Wouldn't you know...we sat on the couch for a good four hours and talked. JUST TALKED! Oh man, I love this girl. She is the kind of friend that never gets distant, never seems disinterested, always has a hilarious anecdote, and always makes you feel...normal. Even though we are both going through different things in our lives right now, we are just SO on the same page with our friendship. When it comes to good friends and what fills up my soul, my relationship with Carrie is a PERFECT example. (It just so happens that our moms are best friends too - wierd. :-) )

Saturday morning I went with my friend Lindsey to a GINORMOUS baby/kids/maternity sale. It was overwhelming, amazing, nerve-wracking, and spectacular, all at once. I've never seen so many women go nuts over so many things. (Keep in mind that I rarely go shopping the day after Thanksgiving.) Anyway, there were lots of nice, big things here, and if you wanted them, you just had to go get a nice volunteer and she would put a nice pink sticker on the item that said, "SOLD". This was great if you nabbed something you wanted but didn't want to carry it around the place. This was not so great if you had your eye on something, only to walk up and inspect it, and find a big fat pink sticker on it already. STINK. We got there not quite an hour after the sale opened, and you would not believe all of the pink tags. I was looking for a bookshelf and changing table as my big items, and neither one of those was found, to my liking. However, I stumbled onto a beautiful navy and creme swing that miraculously did NOT have a pink sticker already! There was this voice inside of me saying "GET IT! GET THE SWING!" So I went to one of the nice ladies and she put a pink sticker on it for me. Good thing, too, because another lady was trying to look at it just as I was staking my claim. Turns out that, along with the swing, there was a beautiful, hardly-used, if at all, matching bouncy seat that came with it! EUREKA! I also ended up with a Moby Wrap (look it up - this is a great find!), some more maternity clothes (including a swimsuit that I about did cartwheels in the aisle over - I have been dying to go swimming!), and a few toys. I felt that this was kind of an awkward time to go to one of these giant consignment sales, since the baby is not yet here, and I am smack dab in the middle of all of my baby showers, so I didn't quite know what to get. Anyway, it was a successful day of shopping, thanks to my good friend Lindsey.

The rest of the weekend was spent with my wonderful, amazing, loving, giving, kind parents. I have much more to say about them, but I'm saving it for a special post. :-)

On to the next weekend....HOLLA!

No comments: