These are some of my lady friends at work who have kids. The other day, my friend Kristine (second to the right in the grey shirt) invited us all over for brunch. We had a blast watching the kids play, eating some delish food, and gabbing about all things back-to-school. It's so wonderful to have great friends at work to talk to, whether it's discussing an educational trend, or what we did last weekend. I am going to be relying heavily on these girls in the coming weeks for strength and support as I attempt to balance being a mom and a teacher.
Another friend that is not pictured here is Patty. Patty is more like a mom/friend than just a regular friend - she's my work mom. She left St. Paul's for a while, but will be back this year in the after school program, and I am so delighted I can hardly stand it. Patty is the kind of mom/friend that will tell you exactly what you need to hear in a loving but in-your-face way. We are a lot a like, and if you'd happen to overhear one of our conversations, you'd think we hated each other, what with all of the horribly dry sarcasm and curse words. But it's quite the opposite, actually - I love her more than anything - well, except for my own mom. :-)
I've had a couple of rough days at home, and Patty called me today. Do you have friends that always seem to call when you are about at the end of your rope? That's my Patty. I was thinking of someone I could call and spill my heart to, and she called me - it was kismet. She turned my day from drab and dreary to upbeat and joyful, all in a matter of minutes. I lo-o-ove her.
Everyone needs friends like these, but I know not everyone is as blessed as me to have them.
Thank you, God, for these amazing women.
HOLLA -
No comments:
Post a Comment