1. I am indeed a mother. (Sometimes I still don't believe it!)
2. I haven't blogged in so long that this (and subsequent blogs) are going to be a mother. You know what I'm saying.
I hate not blogging. I LOVE to blog. I always have about ten ideas swirling around in my head about potential blogs. But here's the cold, hard truth, folks - I am a mother freaking mother. And that means little time during the day for the computer, and not much more time at night. I am still suffering from the "OH HOLY NIGHT WHEN AM I EVER GOING TO GET CAUGHT UP ON SLEEP!?!?!?!?" thing, even though I need to let it go. The thing is, I will never be one of those people who can function really well on little sleep. That is just not how I was made, and I'll never be that way. And that means that, instead of staying up past Amelia's bedtime to share my daily ramblings, I am more than likely going to choose pj's and warm covers over my head.
It's frustrating having to pass over things like blogging (and reading books, and watching movies, and hanging out with my husband, and catching up with friends on the phone) for sleep, but I know what happens when I do choose the "stuff" - the monster comes out.
It's not good.
So what would I like to share with you today?
HER.
And her beautiful eyes and her expressive brows and they way she jabbers and waves and laughs and her two little teeth and the way that she hugs and the way that she plays and her cute little nose and her soft little feet and her fat little legs and how she is growing up way too fast and the way that she looks at me when I sing to her and how her head turns when she hears her daddy walk through the front door and the sound of her breath when she sleeps in her crib and how my heart melts when she smiles at her mom....
And just how good it all feels inside.
HOLLA -
No comments:
Post a Comment