
(Sorry you're sooo tiny, Billy Joel. It was the first picture I found.)
I was looking up Mr. Joel on iTunes the other day, because I checked out his book New York State of Mind from my school library. (Actually I stole it, because I always forget how to check out my own books. But my guilt got the best of me and I told the librarian. Luckily, he's very forgiving.) It has a cd with it, and I love children's books that come with cd's. I also love New York. I am kind of obsessed, but that's for another blog.
Anyway, I was perusing his songs on iTunes, and I was just blown away by how many amazing hit songs he has. Seeing as how I didn't own any of Billy Joel's music, I decided to make this purchase with my wee bit of leftover Christmas money.
And, it did not disappoint. The song that I can't stop listening to, though, is "She's Always a Woman". I just play it over and over again. The other tracks are barely getting a chance. It is favoritism in the worst way. I can't help myself.
I usually go for songs about the "perfect" woman, though. I have always loved "She's Every Woman" by Garth Brooks, and "She's Everything" by Brad Paisley. There's just something about a man singing about the woman who, I guess isn't really "perfect", but she's HIS idea of perfect.
Doesn't every girl dream about a boy thinking this way about her? I always have. Even in the midst of many relationships, I have longed for someone to see me not just as one of many, but as THE ONE...cosmically destined and designed for him. And he knows it. He is without a doubt, completely wrapped up in this woman who is everything he has ever dreamed of. And she feels the same way about him.
It's like going to the movies and watching an incredibly romantic love story. I used to go to these kinds of movies and think, "Wow...I hope I get to experience that kind of love someday." And now I go and see these movies and think, "Ben, Ben, Ben, I love Ben. Laaaa la la laaaa"....you get the idea.
It is possible that I deserve such a blessing? It must be so. :-) Don't we all???
Here's purchase number two:

How is it that I am just now discovering how #*$&ing AMAZING this girl is? I am frantically playing track after track, trying to memorize each rise and fall of her voice and the cleverness of her lyricism. In the midst of this winter (which isn't very wintery), it is the perfect companion. Rich, cold, dark, and exuding emotion. Listening to it is like curling up under a blanket and voyeuristically reading her diary while eating a quart of chocolate ice cream. I am forever hooked. Rumor has it that she was just as good at 19...I can't wait to find out.
:-)
HOLLA -
No comments:
Post a Comment