Sunday, October 14, 2012

Happy Birthday, Ben!

Last Sunday, October 7th, was Ben's birthday.  He started out sleeping in, and came downstairs to some gifts on the table.  Amelia wrote on her own card, as you can see.  



Then we ate breakfast.  I'd like to tell you that I made Ben a delicious breakfast of his choosing, but that would be a lie.  I suggested French Toast, because it sounded good (and Ben didn't have any requests of his own), and then I suggested that Ben make it because he is waaaay better at making French Toast than me, and I didn't want to botch breakfast on his birthday.  He loves to cook, anyway.  Win-win.  


Then we sat around and did lots of relaxing.  Amelia even shared a bink and a blankie with her daddy.


Then we decided we better get our lazy buns up and do something fun, so we went to the Missouri Town Fall Festival near our house.  It was a beautiful day, and this festival was great. 


There was music, dancing, woodworking, crafts, food, people wearing old stuff pretending to be from a long time ago (I can't remember what those people are called.  Reenactors?), animals, fun kid stuff...it was really great.  There were lots of people playing hammered dulcimers.  I almost died.  In my lifetime, I will own and learn to play one of these very, very well.






 

We also drove around and looked at houses, and even went to an open house.  (We didn't like it.)  I was hoping Ben would choose someplace to eat out for dinner, because I didn't want to cook and I'm always looking for an excuse to go out to eat.  But, in true Ben fashion, he said, "I'm fine with just going home and eating leftovers."  LAME!  But, it was his birthday, so that's what we did.  (Boo hoo.)

I am so proud to call this guy my husband.  He is a wonderful, caring, kind, funny, loving, righteous man who is THE best father to our daughter that I could ever imagine.  And, he loves the heck out of me.  That counts for big points in my book.  

Happy Birthday, Ben...I love you.


HOLLA - 


2 comments:

Dave B said...

Happy Birthday Ben!!! Glad you had a great day! Next year make your birthday wish a trip out east.

Anonymous said...

His mother-in-law loves him bunches and bunches, too. He's the best son-in-law a mom could ask for.......:)