Friday, December 19, 2008

I've been GOOD this year!

Oh my gosh, Christmas is less than a week away. When I haven't been freaking out about not getting my shopping done, I've been busy with a few other things:

1. My three Christmas programs went off without a hitch!!! They were so fun, and the kids did a fabulous job. I can't believe that, in my sixth year, I have directed 17 Christmas programs at St. Paul's! Carrie asked me tonight if I have repeated any of them yet....NO WAY!!! :-)

2. We started the move into the new addition of St. Paul's. We are going tomorrow to pack some more and move the large instruments into the new space - I will post pictures soon!

3. I sang 'O Holy Night' today in All School Chapel. How cool is it that I get to sing Christmas songs at my school's church service????

4. We have received oodles of Christmas cards from friends, family, and students. This Christmas, all I have to do is look at our Christmas card "board" at home to realize how much we are TRULY blessed to have so many people who love and care about us.

5. I purchased many gifts this year from handmade artists. I love to support local businesses, and it doesn't hurt when so many of them make amazing gifts! I won't share anything more, in case you happen to be one of the recipients of these fine treasures. :-)

6. I made plans to see the lovely and talented Dr. Elise Gutshall from Wayne, Nebraska tomorrow as she whizzes through town and graces us with her presence! I can't wait to catch up!!!

7. I got to celebrate an amazing friendship tonight with my very dear friend Mrs. Carrie Leigh Hackett. Not only did we have an amazing time (and got free drinks out of a very nice but "way out of his league" older man), she gave me THESE!!!

Ah yes, Kate Spade slippers...she knows me too well!!

Thanks for a fabulous Christmas dinner, Smackett - you are a greater friend than you will ever know.



HAPPY HOLIDAYS, EVERYONE!!!

No comments: