Sunday, December 28, 2008

Who Throws A Shoe????

Okay, I have a burning question. I have been wondering about this for months...maybe even years...and have yet to speak up about it. Maybe no one knows the answer, but if they do, it will certainly bring light to a very dark area of my life. Here goes....

How do shoes get on the side of the road? Who does this? How does it happen? Why does it happen? Today, Ben and I were driving around, getting errands done, and there it was...a shoe on the side of the road. Not even a pair of shoes...there is never a pair. Just one shoe.

What is it doing there? Did someone throw it out of a window? Was someone walking and it fell off and they were too lazy or tired to pick it up and put it back on? Maybe they were being chased, and if they stopped to get it, they would be caught. Maybe someone was fighting with them in the car, and their insult of choice was to rip off their shoe and heave it out the window.

Maybe someone was sticking their foot out to catch a breeze, to stretch out, or to feel the beat of their favorite song playing on the stereo, and it just fell off.

I really don't know the answer to this question, but I want to. If anyone knows, please tell me, because it's bothering me, and I want to stop wondering.

And if it's you who's lost a shoe to the open road, I send my condolences. How sad for you, and your other shoe, which I assume is still in your posession.

Here's to all the lost shoes in the world...may you find your other partner before it's too late.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Miss... I didn't know you were buhlogging until tonight!! So, I started reading and enjoying, and then I got to this post, and I'm seriously crying from laughing so hard. I wonder this EXACT thing about the shoes on the side of the road and I cannot tell you how relieved (and tickled) this makes me to know that you've wondered, too. I especially laughed out loud when you surmised that perhaps the person who lost the shoe had an argument and their foe sent the shoe out the window as retribution. Seems most likely to me. :) So, yay! Now I have another friend's thoughts to read. Thank you dear.