Tomorrow is my first Christmas program of the season. At my school, we have three grades before kindergarten, and I teach up to second grade, so that's six grades in all. With two grades per program, that makes three different programs in two weeks. It sounds ludicrous, and actually it is, but it's also insanely fun. Today I put up a backdrop for the Toddler/Preschool program in the morning, and the kids spent the afternoon decorating stars to add to it. It's not the most professional job, but when the kids contribute, it's always much cuter.
Their program is called "Jesus - Light of the World" and it's basically the Christmas story. So cute. It's a lot for three and four year olds to stand on risers for 30 minutes, but miraculously, they do it, and it's always a hoot. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a good report, along with a huge gasping sigh of relief!
I went to the doctor today....nothing exciting, just another attempt to fix my wierd body quirks, which seem to be appearing more rapidly each year (hello!!!! I'm only 28!!!!). My medicine cabinet used to be filled with fabulous lotions, toenail polish, jewelry cleaner, and perfume. That's all been shoved to the back to make room for oodles and oodles of pill bottles from my pharmacy friends at CVS. I'm sure they know me by name, and would make snide comments to me if it weren't for that damned HIPPA. Am I a hypochondriac? Probably. Does medicine make me feel better? Yes! As my mother said to me today, "Thank God for insurance"....and the internet, where I can freak out about my illnesses from the comfort of my own living room.
Here's to a happy, healthy, and prescription-free 2009.
:-)
No comments:
Post a Comment