Tuesday, December 9, 2008

SNOW SNOW SNOW!!!

As I type this, it is crazily snowing outside. Actually, it has tapered off quite a bit since my drive home, but nevertheless, it's "beginning to look a lot like Christmas". I love when DJ's on the radio talk about how "beautiful" the snow is outside, and how glad they are that the snow is here, as they are sitting comfortably in their little booth with their coffee, looking out the window. Meanwhile, the rest of us are dodging cars and snowpiles, clutching the steering wheel with fervor, hoping to just make it home without bumps or scrapes on our automobiles. I find that listening to Christmas music at least puts me into enough of a trance that I can freak out a little bit less than I would if I were listening to any regular song. As I pull into my driveway after a stressful drive home, I whisper a quick prayer - "Thank you God for getting me home safely!"

Be careful out there, everyone - and don't forget to be prayerful for travelers, and thankful for safe journeys!!!

1 comment:

Elise Marie said...

I am SO glad you are home safe! I love you!