Sunday, January 18, 2009

BLOG VOMIT - Part Deux

Did I mention that I hate Winter? I really do. I think that God intended for us all to walk around in shorts and flip-flops, but Adam and Eve had to go and screw everything up, and now we have Winter.

One reason I hate Winter (besides the stupid cold) is that it's cloudy and dreary almost all of the time. It's hard to be overtly happy when the sun is not out. Sometimes I think I have that Seasonal Affective Disorder business, but then again, I am a hypochondriac.

So sometimes, in the dead of winter, you kind of forget that the sun is even up there, shining and being warm. There's only one time that I get to see that this isn't the case at all.



Above the clouds, you can see that the sun is, in fact, shining all of the time. No matter what is happening down below, you know without a doubt that that giant blazing star is up there, doing it's job.

This is the greatest metaphor for life, in my opinion. Sometimes, our lives get so cloudy that we forget the sun is shining. We just assume that the clouds and the gloom is all there is; that is the end of the story.

As it turns out, the exact opposite is true. There is always sun, always warmth, always good. You just have to look beyond the clouds and you will see it.

Tonight, we spent an amazing night with wonderful friends celebrating a birthday. I cannot imagine how dark and cloudy my life would be without my friends. I am thankful for the light that they bring to us...oh, how dark the world would be without them.

And to the greatest Light of all...I'll let Point of Grace handle this one...

Over time you've healed so much in me
that I am living proof
that although my darkest hour had come
your light could still shine through
though at times it's just enough to cast a shadow on the wall
well, I am grateful that you shine your light on me at all.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Who am I...yi...
that you would love me so deeply...
who am Iiiii..yiiii...

:)

Hard to type the singing. Good blog! love ya!