Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tuesday Tunes

I've decided that, on Tuesdays, I'm going to post some music that I've been listening to. Maybe I'll blog more consistently if my daily entries have a purpose. :-) I went with my good friend Anne to see Sex and the City 2 a few weeks ago, and this song played at the beginning and end of the movie. I went home and downloaded it, and it's played about 100 times in my car, I'm pretty sure.

There are two reasons I like this song so much: The melody and the beat, which are hella contagious, and the fact that it's about NYC, one of my favorite places EVER. I don't know what it is about New York that I'm so obsessed with, but I always want to go there, and I even dream about it a lot. WEIRD!!! Both times that I've been, it was surreal and magical, like I was in a different country. It's just so overwhelming and kind of scary, but when I leave I always want to go right back (to visit, never to live).

Anyway, Here's some J for you. ENJOY!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i love a good beat, too!
i heard the movie was a bit cheesy (okay, more than a bit! what were your thoughts?)

xoxo
Sylvia

mhaskamp said...

It was okay, Sylvia...the fashion was fun, and after the first scene, the movie flowed well. The plot was a bit of a stretch, though. Save it for a rental! :-)

Unknown said...

haha!
thanks.... will do!