The Merriam-Webster word of the day is "kismet". Up until a few years ago, I had never even HEARD of this expression, let alone knew what it meant. Take a look:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/word-of-the-day/
My mom's old boss used to say this in reference to their relationship...that's the first I'd heard of it. Then the other day, Oprah said it when talking to Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling. I guess if Oprah's saying it, it must be gold. :-)
Here's my attempt to use Wednesday's word of the day in a sentence:
Elise and me moving into the apartment in Maryville was pure KISMET - that's how Kurt and I met.
-or-
Who could explain how my fall wardrobe needed updating just when the New York and Company coupon arrived in the mail? It must have been KISMET.
Try it yourself in a sentence today. As a matter of fact, if you've got a good one, feel free to share.
HOLLA -
1 comment:
Kismet - a musical.....Directed by Albert Marre, it premiered on December 3, 1953 at the Ziegfeld Theatre in New York in the midst of a newspaper strike, and despite the lack of reviews was a hit, running for 583 performances. The original production starred Alfred Drake as the poet Hajj, Doretta Morrow as his daughter Marsinah, Richard Kiley as the young Caliph of Baghdad, and Joan Diener as the vampy wife of the evil Wazir. The show was even more successful in London's West End, enjoying a 648-show run at the Stoll Theatre. Columbia Masterworks Records recorded the original Broadway cast in late 1953; the recording was later reissued on CD by Masterworks Broadway Records.
Also - a chance meeting.....meant to be......because it's magical....like me and my new friend that I DO NOT have a recent picture of because SOMEONE stole it out of my purse!!! Mom
Post a Comment