Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Invention of L.B.

So no, we are not finding out what this baby is. I am THRILLED about this. I always thought I would want to know, because I am one heck of a planner. But Ben talked me out of it, and with the baby name/sex surprises we have already had in my family, it's just a no-brainer.

So what do you call a baby that has no sex or name? L.B., of course!

It's no secret that we want a stinky, ornery, rough-housing, muddy little boy. There are no boys on my side, and on Ben's side, everyone has had boy-girl-boy-girl, so we'd like to stick with the pattern. :-) I had an older brother, so a boy first seems natural to me, and I've always pictured myself as a momma to a bunch of boys. Don't get me wrong - girls are great, and I love them. For some reason, though, having little boys just feels right in my bones.

On the day we found out we were expecting, I was wearing a khaki skirt and a baby blue and white-striped shirt, and Ben was wearing a baby blue work shirt and khaki pants. IT WAS A SIGN!!!! Since we were thinking "boy", we started calling our miracle "Little Blue".

When we went camping with my parents a few weeks ago, my mom was talking about Little Blue, and she started referring to him (or her!) as L.B. I loved it, it was easy to say, and so....it stuck.

So on my Facebook, or on this blog, if you read about L.B., now you know who I'm talking about.

And just so I won't look back on this blog and kick myself 7 months from now, I LOVE little girls and I would LOVE to have one. :-) :-) :-)

(but my fingers are crossed for that stinkin' boy.)

HOLLA -

1 comment:

Sarah said...

AAAAHHHHHH
How do you spoil little boys? I have no experience and it will be my job soon as #1 AUNT(no offense to aunts on Ben's side)