Thursday, April 7, 2011

To Work, or Not To Work....

Nope, that is NOT the question. I have been asked by a ton of people at school lately if I'm coming back to work in the fall, and I can say with complete confidence that the answer is YES.

I know for a lot of women, being a stay-at-home mom is a viable option. Get a job/career, have a baby, quit your job, stay at home, be a mom. As a matter of fact, quite a few moms at my school get to do this. (That's mostly who's been asking me.) While this is a wonderful opportunity or choice or whatever you want to say, it's just not for me.

First of all, we can't afford it. There is no way we could live off of one income, and that's okay - Ben likes his job, and he's happy, and that is most important. I would much rather have a happy, government-employed husband than an unhappy husband with some other job that might make him a lot of money, but that also might make him grouchy. Or gone all the time. Or have less job security. (I'm not saying all jobs that make a lot of money do that to people, but it happens.)

Second of all, I love my job. L.O.V.E. LOVE it. It fulfills me in ways that I could never have imagined. My classroom rocks. The people I work with are fun, kind, talented, friendly, hard-working, interesting, joyful...you get the idea. Our parent community goes above and beyond to support us. The kids....oh boy. I am already missing them. They are amazing little people who fill my soul with love (and sometimes frustration and anger, but mostly love) every day. And the best part is, I get paid to make music and play games. ALL DAY! And we get lunch for free. I'm telling you, it's the best.

So, I'm going to go back to work. A great colleague of mine said tonight that I'm not going to want to. She may be right, but I know by August, I will be ready to get back to the job that I love and am so passionate about.

(That is, my other job that I love and am so passionate about BESIDES being a mom.)

:-)

HOLLA -

No comments: